I have work experience in the following:
- Domestic violence
- Child protection
- Developmental disabilities
- intensive care
- Palliative care
- Community health care
- Community mental health
- Cross cultural adjustment and relocation
I’m married to John Suk. We have 2 sons, a daughter-in-law, 2 GRANDCHILDREN! a long term foster daughter, and a foster grand-daughter. We love our family and are totally delighted when our kids come home for a while! (But while we loved parenting, we love our empty nest even more!)
Like most everyone my personal life has been affected by major stresses and family issues. I am no stranger to the particular concerns that my client couples bring to me. Feel free to ask me more about this if you wish.
When it is sought after, my clients value my spiritual depth and insight. I’ve been shaped by a Judeo-Christian worldview. Clients from differing perspectives are pleased that I’m respectful and appreciative of their approach to life and spirituality.
- BSc in Special Education (Calvin College, Grand Rapids, MI)
- MA in Christian Studies (also from Calvin)
- Master’s in Social Work (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI)
Licenses and Registrations
- Registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Service Workers and Social Workers (812293)
- Member: Ontario Association of Social Workers
- Certified Therapist since 2002 with the Eye Movement Desensitization International Association
- Registered Sex Therapist with Board of Examiners in Sex Therapy & Counselling in Ontario
- Certified Emotionally Focused Couple Therapist and Supervisor with International Center for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
For more information or to schedule an appointment call Couples In Step at 416-459-0956, or use the contact form.
Couples In Step provides couple, marriage & relationship counselling and therapy to couples living in Toronto & MIssissauga. The Toronto office serves couples living in North York, Etobicoke, Willowdale, Woodbridge and Downsview. Couples In Step helps couples reconnect. Couples come to Couples In Step with relationship problems, affairs, infidelity, arguing and sexual problems. Couples In Step provides sex therapy. Couples In Step provides EFT or Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy, EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) for trauma. Located at 14 Purdon Dr., Toronto, ON M3H 4W8. 416-459-0956